Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another year over. . .

I have to say, I am loving the weather this Christmas. After the last couple of winters, I think I needed a break from all the snow. The only good thing about snow is that is slowed us down a little bit and helped us to really appreciate our home. Now, I have no excuse but to get out and do something over the next two weeks. I'm still waiting for the divine inspiration to do so. After I'm done eating this plate of cookies I just might make it to the Y to go swimming. And really, swimming is just exactly what I have been doing all morning (lying around) except in the water.

JJ is still at Shiloh Hills Fellowship and enjoying both youth groups as well as having fun with our students and leaders. We have an excellent group of leaders this year and it's been amazing having these supportive and uplifting relationships built right into our daily work. JJ has been reading, learning, and growing so much this year. It amazes me how he constantly teaches me new things and I'm thankful for the ways we are growing together.

I am still working at Seth Woodard Elementary as well as finishing up my master's degree in counseling at Whitworth University. I will graduate in May and be officially done with my review board and all internship hours as of the end of July. It's amazing to think that I devoted another three years to my education and it's almost over. At this point, I can safely say that I have zero desire to go back and get my doctorate. I can't even think of one more thing I want to learn!

This Christmas, we are spending around the PNW with all of our families. It should be active, but relaxing and fun. It's always a good time celebrating holidays three times every year.

2009 has been a great year with another Mexico trip, another Coldplay concert, our first U2 concert, major house renovations, and big changes sure to come in 2010. Wow, time flies!

Happy Holidays to you and your family. See you in 2010!

No comments: