Sunday, March 14, 2010

We're Number One!

I promise I won't be one of those moms that has the "I'm the Proud Parent of a Jefferson Middle School Honor Student" bumper sticker on the back of my van. I cannot promise that I won't be like the "O'Doyle Rules" mom, because let's be honest--this kid already knows he's a winner. Either that, or he somehow smuggled a tiny version one of those foam "number one" hands in there.





Last week we had the 20 week anatomy ultrasound so for about a half an hour, we had the pleasure of looking into Hansel's life in utero. He wasn't super active and found a spot he seemed comfortable in and wouldn't budge. Because of that we didn't see the face, just the profile. I'm actually cool with that because I think ultrasounds of babies from the front make them look like Picasso paintings or Jack the Pumpkin King.

Aside from not wanting to move his body, he did something else guys love to do and kept his right hand between his legs and his left thumb in his mouth. He's the perfect mix of both of us--left-handed and um, male, I guess.

The rest of the appointment went well and the doctor told me to continue taking it easy. She said if I don't, I have to choose between work and my internship. That feels like an impossible decision to make, so it looks like I will be taking it easy!

By taking it easy, I mean finishing the kitchen remodel and going to Romania.

No big deal.

No comments: